[syndicate] GEO GOO (Info Park) by JODI, Brussels, iMAL, 17 OCT - 09 NOV.

Yves Bernard yb at imal.org
Wed Oct 15 10:51:50 CEST 2008

GEO GOO (Info Park) by JODI
17 OCT - 09 NOV, Brussels

JODI (www.jodi.org), the belgian-dutch duo pioneer of Net Art,
explores the relations between the world as we build it through
Internet and the one based on our past mental and physical maps.
Services such as GoogleMaps have changed our worldview radically by
making the Globe accessible as a commercial multi-user surface.
Mapping its geometrical constructs to reality and vice versa,
overlaying its online figures as jogging paths, The 'Parc Royal' of
Brussels (Warande Park) becomes an INFO Park revealing symbols and
mysteries of the Belgian capitale and capitale of Europe, amplifying
or deconstructing them through an intricate web of data and
associations.
More on http://www.imal.org

PRACTICAL INFO
18 OCTOBER - 09 NOVEMBER (Opening on the 17 OCT at 18:00)
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday : 14:00 - 19:00
Thursday: 14:00 - 20:30
Saturday, Sunday: 13:00 - 19:00
Closed on Monday.

ADDRESS:
iMAL Center for Digital Cultures and Technology
30 Quai des Charbonnages/Koolmijnenkaai 30
1080 Bruxelles/Brussel 1080
(metro Comte de Flandres/Graaf van Vlaanderen)
http://www.imal.org

Yves Bernard    yb at imal.org
asbl iMAL vzw
Center for Digital Cultures and Technology
30 Quai des Charbonnages / Koolmijnenkaai 30
1080 Bruxelles/Brussel
tel 32 2 410 30 93

http://www.imal.org
http://www.erg.be/blogs/artNumeur