[syndicate] new work by the poet "lo-y"

Séamas Cain seamascain at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 21:38:48 CET 2008

_______________

I write in praise of the Belgian poet, visual poet, & net-artist known
as <__lo-y. > ...

I have followed the work of <__lo-y. > since 2002, with great interest
& appreciation.  Much of her work is profoundly original & dynamic, in
conception & in action.  Her work is not rooted in functionality or
utility.  The deliberate assembling of text & character symbols have
constantly referred to the formal possibilities of the code behind
digital content, making it its subject.  The poems of <__lo-y. > are
abstract works, stripped of narrative, subjectivity, or factional
slant.

In one descriptive statement from Lo_y, she wrote "well there's not
much to say.  Lo_y is only what Lo_y writes.  No history, no stories,
no explanations ..."

See the poems at SCRABBLE ...
http://socialfiction.org/scrabble/indexold.htm

See the visual poems & net-art at ...
http://lo-y.domainepublic.net/

See the very wry <__lo-y. > at My Space ...
http://www.myspace.com/lo_y

Bestwishes,

Séamas Cain
http://alazanto.org/seamascain