[syndicate] \\

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Wed Nov 5 21:20:26 CET 2008

fm schrieb:
>> but to some it does mean something. something i dont expect you to get
>>
> > or even share in.
>
> cool. thank you for this.

pah ... I can't help it but I cannot watch  / read about the election
without dissolving into tears.
Is it symbolic? sure it is. And it is exactly because America elected a
black person into the first (not the second) row

/verum/ quia /factum
(i.e. (elaborating) we can experience truth only in what we have made)
- Giambattista Vico /- De Antiquissima Italorum Sapientia, 1710
/
/Has everyone who has elected Obama as a president overcome racism?
Probably not.
Does the outcome of this election actually means that people said 'yes'
(we are willing to work on becoming 'better' (than you thought)). I
guess, many did say so.
Many might have said 'no' (we are not willing to follow anymore the path
that we have gone). However, the truth is that the 'no' has manifested a
'yes', and it's good that it will be difficult to flee again.

My film tip for today ( at laest for all those who have grown up in a
German city close to a French border, and with an American Army
Headquarter  in town ):

Godard: Masculin féminin
in Germany published as (translated): Masculin feminin: or the children
of Marx and Coca Cola

I'll watch it with a smile today.

// perhaps it's a pity one can buy peanut butter today everywhere. It's
much less attractive now ;)