[syndicate] \\

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Nov 5 15:27:14 CET 2008

Hi Aliette,

>who can wait for a revolution from the part of a democracy?

I fear that any revolution now would be just as hegemonic and
male-dominatd as any of the 'so-called' contemporary democracies we know
of now.

The Roman Empire's influence on implementing total power for 'men', is a
disappointing and repetitive syndrome that has influenced the
psychological ego of most hegemonic power hungry, empire based economies
- such as America. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if the
Celts, who were demolished by the Roman Empire for their gold and
cultural knowledge, had survived. Of course, once the Romans through
their own historical propaganda made sure that future (lame) historians
would read about them as barbarians rather than an enlightened groupings
of people who were not about war but more based around agriculture &
trade. The Celts had social and political systems that included women as
equal as men, and the Romans as a warring nation despised this.

I feel that our cultures are so backward that we are still suffering
from many of these types of actions, by such ugly people to this day...

marc