AW: AW: AW: [syndicate] fwd: EXCEPTION, EXHIBITION attacked by violent nationalists IN BELGRADE

horrorkatze at modukit.com horrorkatze at modukit.com
Mon Feb 11 22:20:14 CET 2008

We also prefer to see uncut version,
in fact it's not good shown what really happened,
we were there in the first line...

after painter had his screaming horror nationalist show,
police suggested director to close the exhibition. Director and curators didn't had chance to continue without protection and the show was canceled.

In Novi Sad few weeks ago the same exhibition was held successfully, the president of Vojvodina's parliament had opened the exhibition and it was at the official Vojvodina Museum. Artists from Kosovo came and we had good conversation, you can see photos from Novi Sad:
http://picasaweb.google.com/biroizbeograda/OdstupanjeNoviSad

The problem is now in Belgrade that nobody from the state institutions really wants to stand behind the exhibition, they give only the verbal support they have to. Even since the exhibition is closed there are attacks on the building of the gallery and the artworks probably will have to be moved out.
http://picasaweb.google.com/biroizbeograda/OdstupanjeUBeogradu

Would prefer an uncut version of the video.

but, however, I do not see the police closing down the exhibition
it seems the woman decided to close it after
the painter told her to do so ..

and then
(it's not that my Serbian got any better
in the last day)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8erbMQ_CtOE&NR=1