[syndicate] \\

0f0003 | maschinenkunst n2o at ggttctttat.com
Sun Feb 10 05:55:04 CET 2008

 > spectacle yes! its just to easy to fire that bullet, YOUR CULTURE
and MY
CULTURE, are we not sick of this discourse.

Context responsive is a better alternative ... as u kan see.
Or we can choose a few more tactical words from the announcement.

I'm talking about the rapport between 'your' and 'my'
Eliminating those diferences does not equal understanding.

 >The thing is that we can go on
 > philosophizing for a century but you either choose that path or
choose
 > be pragmatic and do what you can in the midst of this system of
 > neo-liberal capitalism we are all involved in.

Absolutely.

So why not also name those other people participating
instead of writing the biographies of a few western employees
to lend importance to the project.

Tell their biographies also.
Then I can see - context responsive ...
which is why I bothered replying.

 >Have you ever been to Alexandria
 >, do you know what kind of cultural equation we are caught
 > in-between,

I have not, but I have a good idea about
in-betweenes.

 >i think not, although i do agree with a lot of what you are
 > saying, it just seems far too distanced and judgmental,

That is what I was telling u also.

let me put it like this - Eastern europe, as many other
places at the crossroads of epochs, is similarly prostituting
itself in the name of progress, and throwing the tacit knowledge
that survived communism out the window, for the finite borders and
certitudes of western democracy.

 > it is the
 > spectacle of a text and of writing.

all good.

 >The fact remains that you are in an
 >internal imperialist struggle with your system and this is where
your thoughts may be springing from, but here things can be seen very
differently, i wish i had time to explain more but i don't.

The big picture is as in eastern europe.
The details - when you find time

 > I think if this project was in any west european context we will
not be
having this conversation pushed to the front by far deeper layers, i
think, than context responsive and an institution named after a dead
german writer.

Correct - there wouldnt be anything to destroy.
It already has been - destroyed.
So, I ud have simply ignored it ... as ud have others
I'm sure.

The majority of traffic on art forums [and modern soc]
consists of announcements and most are ignored / treated
superficially

so u should be glad.

You have an opportunity to elucidate the project,
the implications, the strategies, etc.
Of course that is more time consuming than the
posting announcements but ... this is
a discussion list