[syndicate] \\

Bassam Baroni el_baroni at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 05:04:28 CET 2008

I'm bored too, its called Glocalization, its the ABC of what we are all experiencing. What's the I AM STERDAM campaign but that exactly, what is the branding craze we all have to go through to get anywhere its pure Glocalization, it does not have anything to do any more with "The Natives" how can you even think like that anymore we are all "Natives" and the "outside expert" is capitalism and capitalism is the son of imperialism, naturally, there is no real power divide Amsterdam has to keep it up to stay alive just like Jakarta has to, but may be Amsterdam can keep it up more efficiently and creatively hence the illusion of power. If you want to go deeper into your own words visit Dubai and see who's in charge there, the image makers, the fantastical net-workers, the branders, the money strategists...and they are all 'Westerners'. About my project, as i said it is a project with an educational intent and I don't categorize artists or people i work with as being "foreign
 experts" and neither do I categorize the audience as being "natives", its sad for me to see that people still think in terms of this divide without stumbling on how complicated things have become, positions have become my position and your position and the position of the people we deal with.

Arie van Schutterhoef <arsche at xs4all.nl> wrote:   >fake west-east discourse conjuring up.
-I am merely referring to the local and the global power divide.

Globalization seems to to constitute that 'locals' (natives as they were
called in colonial times) are improperly supplied with knowledge, thus
outside 'experts' are needed (?)...

Actually, I am still astonished that people still buy this crap, but come
to think of this, just being naive, as it goes with politics.

I'm bored ...

AvS

information and archive: http://syndicate.anart.no
to post to the Syndicate list:
Shake the KKnut: http://syndicate.anart.no/KKnut/
no commercial use of the texts without permission

Bassam El Baroni | Curator
Alexandria Contemporary Arts Forum [ACAF]
10 Hussein Hassab Street, Flat 6, Azarita,
Alexandria, Egypt. T: +20 (0)3 480 41 45
E: office at acafspace.org / el_baroni at yahoo.com