[syndicate] The Mountains

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Mon Sep 10 23:48:26 CEST 2007

The Mountains

We could walk around the borders of our beautiful country, even in 1943,
and face everywhere on earth. It's a small country and one that has always
been full of promise. Wearing our national colours is perfect for mountain
scouting and we walk towards a future unsullied by the war raging around
us. Our leaders ask us to keep our heads up high, learn to love the slopes
and cataracts, glaciers and mighty streams, dark forests and barren
plateaus. Our leaders have written a wonderful song, 'Storm Clouds in the
Distance.' But we are fond of dancing and we are very modern. Restless,
our friends await us in the small cabin we have been converting, such
food.

http://www.asondheim.org/photoalp18.jpg