[syndicate] Notes by an Avatartist

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Fri Oct 12 08:09:09 CEST 2007

Notes by an Avatartist

As avatartist, we are our avatar Jennifer-Julu-Nikuko-Travis-Alan and our
avatar is us, both controlled by motion-capture behaviors using remapped
sensors and moving at ultra-high-speeds among other avatars, landscapes,
virtual worlds in the real, online, in one's mind.

But our avatar is unique, our avatar is tissue, our avatar transforms
backwards and forwards at perceptually instantaneous speed between frames.
Our avatar is alien.

Jennifer: "our avatar has slimy avatar movement, wormlike shape-shifting,
at warp high-speed perceptually conflated with itself, our avatar is
speed-alien, malleable and originating tissue. as originating, our avatar
is demiurge, producing and reproducing, originating worlds and gatherings
of the true world."

Julu: "our avatar is disparaged body or bodies, our avatar is OTHERING,
here and there moving asymptotically among fractal intrusions, our avatar
prepares the appearance of twisted connected topologies, limit-sets of
behaviors, topological counterexamples and distraught spaces piled upon
themselves at warp-high speed."

Nikuko: "our avatar is implicate orderings, twisted among themselves,
still connected or with connections' memory, tangled as if untangled,
messed as if unmessed, abject, as if clarified, our avatar is cephalic or
ocular, eyes and doubling eyes, gendering and originating, producing and
reproducing."

Travis: "our avatar is detritus machine, residue-machine, with symbolic
input, language input, bvh input, ascii input, inchoate output, our avatar
is ALIEN-BETTER-LEFT-UNDEFINED, that is _alien << inchoate_, symbols
effaced by behavior-gatherings, the true world, asymbolia.

Alan: "our avatar is un-is, truly disconnected topologies, connectors gone
with interior body viewpoint, resulting sheaves, surfaces, in relative
positions, holding relative positions, but the manifolds are open, broken,
think of chimera composites."

Jennifer: "in other words, in the true world of gatherings, our avatar is
open and gathering from within, closed and coherent from without, as-if
our avatar, as if Jennifer-Julu-Nikuko-Travis-Alan, as-if but not as-if,
not really, in the true world really a gathering."

Julu: "in other words, we are true world being."

=