[syndicate] Re: epoetry2007

epistolaris at freemail.hu epistolaris at freemail.hu
Sat May 26 10:57:38 CEST 2007

>codework never existed anyway, kitsch has a long established tradition in
which they >should reign as the new masters

well, I just read  some codeworks from 1968, the Algol poems of Noel Arnaud.
Poetry is  in a simple definition the art of combining the words. And where do
they come the words? From a larger or smaller vocabulary. Noel Arnaut  took the
words of a very restricted artificial vocabulary to exploit its poetic
potential: he made up a whole algolitic delirium of it. As he explained why
would that be a question at all, when the French  authors classic tragedies for
instance abstained themselves from using any synonimes of the word glaive (
they never said épée; sabre; lame; fleuret; braquemart; estramaçon;
flamberge, claymore; colichemarde, cimeterre, yatagan etc instead of glaive).
Nowadays we hardly have ro deal with any pure medium, they are all mixed, it is
more and more difficult to call something cinema, poetry, dance <when visual
signs, sound, music is included in the same work>, though pastry is not a bad
word, i have to admit.