[syndicate] Re: what a story

yasir ~ yasir.media at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:04:58 CEST 2007

> please correct it for us, yasir
> or send a link

> what do you mean?  do you mean its manufactured?

i mean its the classic story of the moralistic "zahid", the puritan
and his/her obsession with  brothels bars "maikhanas" "tawaifs"
dancers "dalals" pimps.

i mean its an age-old fable. and extremely amusing to read. in this
particular one girl-student-mullahs (mullanis) go to a brothel and ask
the brothel owner/manager the pimpstress to repent ! they kidnap her
and release her, after among other things, she reads a statement to
the press in a burqa that she 'had committed immoral acts' ..'in
future I will live like a pious person'.

on the other hand i understand the immediate reaction. but i can
assure you that the "liberal" (...girls from the Jamia Hafsa madrassa
say they have won a victory over liberals) tide is gaining ground, and
we are likely to see some splendid fireworks !    :))))

so i guess i'll say the story is only half spun (around the taliban).
not end of story. but there is an intriguing angle : that the woman
was not running a brothel like the story claims. who knows? ( ...
Abdul Rashid Ghazi, Jamia Hafsa's administrator, had earlier said the
school had no personal problem with the woman. "We only want her to
refrain from spreading obscenity in future.")

this is a classic 'guilty' line after a moral attack falls flat, or is
threatened by something else.