[syndicate] _How the world really shapes up_

mez breeze netwurker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 04:48:28 CET 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=439315&in_page_id=1811

"We all know what the world looks like. But a new series of extraordinary
maps shows our planet in a very different light.

Rather than defining each country by size, these computer-generated modified
maps - or cartograms - redraw the globe with each country's size
proportionate to its strengths, or weaknesses, in a whole series of
categories.

For instance, when it comes to military spending, the U.S. appears bloated,
but Africa is huge when HIV prevalence is mapped.

The cartograms were produced in a unique collaboration between the
universities of Michigan in the U.S. and Sheffield.
Here<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=439315&in_page_id=1811>are
images and more details on some of the most fascinating..."

--
...knottings.in.the.sm.all.of.my.cortical.b[h]ack:
:http://netwurker.livejournal.com