[syndicate] New posts on the Furtherfield Blog.

info info at furtherfield.org
Thu Jun 21 14:26:13 CEST 2007

New posts on the Furtherfield Blog.
http://blog.furtherfield.org

Get ready to be upstaged - by Helen Varley Jamieson:
winter in nz is a time for lots of layers; we don't do central heating
here. it's fingerless gloves at the keyboard, hot water bottles in the
flannellette sheets, & people popping round for coffee never take their
coat off.

The key to getting through it is to keep working, which i am doing to
the extreme at the moment. next week on the 28th we are launching
UpStage V2, and celebrating this momentous event with a 2 week exhibtion
and a one day festival of online performances, 070707 (that'll be on
july 7th, geddit?).
http://blog.furtherfield.org/?q=node/137

Exploring limited spaces - by Aileen Derieg:
Since yesterday was a holiday in Austria, I rather frivolously decided
to take the day off from translating and devote my attention to some
things I had been wanting to do for two projects that I am involved
with. I especially wanted to explore the space where they intersect from
opposite directions: "social networking".

So I posted some questions and information to the relevant lists and
announced that I would be available all day via email, irc or Skype and
set off from there to start exploring the kinds of online spaces where
people are supposed to be able to connect with one another.

For one of the projects, "Street Training – city of respect", where my
role is to facilitate communication, I have been using delicious to
gather relevant links from the start, rather than attempting to collect
all the information in one place. We also have two mailing lists, one
for the organizers and one for the workshop participants, but that
doesn't seem to be the preferred mode of communication for anyone
involved, except me.
http://blog.furtherfield.org/?q=node/134

The Early Stages of Psychodrama - By Natasha Chuk:
Any horror filmmaker today has learned a thing or two from the Master of
Suspense, Alfred Hitchcock. A cinematic trailblazer with an eye for
blonds, a cameo-making compulsion, and a sadistic interest in fear,
Hitchcock created the quintessential horror film in his 1960 thriller,
Psycho. It boldly has everything from early Hollywood nudity, to
transvestisism, to death disguised as taxidermy, and a brilliantly
terrifying musical score by long-time collaborator Bernard Herrmann.
Psycho, and particularly its score, is the backdrop for composer Melissa
Grey's current project, Psychodrama.
http://blog.furtherfield.org/?q=node/133

Still Digesting Those Cup Cakes! - By Charlotte Frost:
interview with Sarah Cook.
http://blog.furtherfield.org/?q=node/132

and more...