[syndicate] Eyewitness to Bombing

Andrej Tisma aart at EUnet.yu
Wed Feb 21 04:24:35 CET 2007

EYEWITNESS TO BOMBING
(part of the Istanbul Web Biennial 2007)
http://www.at.ns.co.yu/eyewitness/Tisma_Eyewitness.htm

>From March through June 1999 the people of Serbia had endured 78 days of
purely punitive bombing by the U.S.- led and U.S.- supplied NATO. On May 23d
, 1999, Senator Joseph Lieberman was a guest on Headline Fox News Sunday.
The by-liner Tony Snow told the Senator that “I thought we weren’t trying to
make life miserable for regular, every day Serbs”. Senator Lieberman
responded at once by stating:
“Oh, we are. I mean, that’s what we’ve been doing for the last couple of
months. We‘re not only hitting military targets, otherwise why would we be
cutting off the water supply and knocking out the power stations – turning
the lights out.. We’re trying through the air campaign to break the will of
the Serbian people....”