[syndicate] skipping and ghost-traps

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sat Aug 25 00:38:05 CEST 2007

skipping and ghost-traps

skipping as the third walk/run/skip gait -
where is OUR ethnography of skipping

BUT

radio waves - shortwaves, spherics, whistlers:
ionosopheric skipping

in the samples here, the GROUND of the crystal radio is
connected to the ANTENNA of a second crystal radio

the OUTPUT of the first (large loose coupler) c.r. connects
to the INPUT of a VLF (very low frequency) radio

the OUTPUT of the VLF radio connects to the INPUT of a
minidisk recorder

the two crystal radios operate with DIODES and COILS:
INDUCTORs

the COILS are ghost-traps absorbing everything within
their spectral range

nothing but wound wire self-inducting, mutually inducting,
everything around

they capture invisible spirits how close to the speed of
light

_mdos_ or 'thread-cross'

'In other cases the _mdos_ fulfills the same purpose as a
_gtor ma_; it provides a temporary abode for a deity.'

'The patches of wood which are often attached to the sticks
forming the _mdos_ are in this case supposed to represent the
clouds floating around the heavenly abode.'

(Oracles and Demons of Tibet, The Cult and Iconography of the
Tibetan Protective Deities, Rene deNebesky-Wojkowitz, Paljor,
1998)

the RANGE appears to cover the medium-wave (AM)
band as well as somewhat above and below it.

http://www.asondheim.org/cryr1.jpg and
http://www.asondheim.org/cryr2.jpg = images of the
circuitry

http://www.asondheim.org/dean0.jpg
http://www.asondheim.org/dean1.jpg
http://www.asondheim.org/dean2.jpg
http://www.asondheim.org/dean3.jpg =

our happy home; we are on the third floor of what has
become (thanks to the RATNER PROJECT) an URBAN
WASTELAND. you can SEE OUR ROOF BUT YOU
CAN'T SEE OUR WIRES

the sound files:
http://www.asondheim.org/rrr1.wav
sample wa file with interesting content to be use

http://www.asondheim.org/rr3hiss.wav
this is a second output file with a hiss filter applied in
such a manner that everything but the hiss is filtered
out

the result is a radio background soundtrack with quite
interesting phases shifts and other phenomena

http://www.asondheim.org/rrr4.wav
a third file again with interesting content presented
'straight'

there is are some changes as a result of switching wires
but what's of great interest (that word again) is the
tremolo (using a galena crystal instead of a diode) as
well as a high-pitched signal and other background
materials

http://www.asondheim.org/rrr4hiss.wav
the same filel with hiss only remaining

http://www.asondheim.org/rrr4hissminus.wav
the same file with hiss removed

http://www.asondheim.org/maple.jpg
a closeup of our japanese maple which oversees
everything