[syndicate] The Vying

jeff harrison worksonpaper03 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 21:40:12 CEST 2007

Virginia told Appius shall in the step of secret silence go
Virginia told Minutius unseen, abroad the bruit of her is blown
Numitorius told Calphurnia good as clothed by the grasses of Eden
Horatio told Appius their uniforms glowed a deep purple hue
Appius told Minutius be where thou wilt, thou wilt not harbour here
Minutius told Calphurnia but, Cynthia! should to thee the palm be given
Calphurnia told Corbulo sleep, then, my Lyre, thy tuneful tasks are o'er
Corbulo told Horatio and look upon you with ten thousand eyes
Horatio told Icilius thy handmaids, clad them o'er with purple beams
Icilius told Numitorius thus in the winter stands the lonely tree
Numitorius told Virginia on some frail bark in winter's midnight roar
Icilius told Virginia she fled all ways into the grasses' mesh
Horatio told Virginia who first my Muse did lift out of the flore
Corbulo told Virginia fierce night-shade berries purple on their stems
Calphurnia told Virginia old Cynthia, the lamp of our retreats
Minutius told Virginia where art thou? thou so often seen on high
Appius told Virginia that thou canst hear, and hearing, hold thy way
Virginia told Appius alas so all things now do hold their peace
Virginia told Corbulo Argos (thour't, Jove, named) needs but Polyphème
Minutius told Icilius or mute as the Memnon stone 'neath the moon
Appius told Minutius as a garden overgrown and hidden