[syndicate] Palm Leaf Manuscript - need help identifying

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Wed Sep 27 06:01:53 CEST 2006

Palm Leaf Manuscript - need help identifying

These are five pages and the cover from a palm-leaf manuscript I have;
I've been trying to identify both the language, or at least the script,
and the content. The script seems Burmese, but a number of the characters
seem different, especially the vertically-doubled ones. I'm totally
ignorant in this area; any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not even sure which way is up, but I think that 22-23 are correct.

The manuscript is extremely worn; there are insect holes throughout it,
and some of the leaves are falling apart. On the other hand, it's
protected now, and won't fall apart.

Again, thanks for your help. - Alan

http://www.asondheim.org/manu01.jpg
http://www.asondheim.org/manu02.jpg