[syndicate] branch and ruler

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Sep 5 09:38:38 CEST 2006

branch and ruler

when the branch and the ruler meet and demarcate each other, it is the branch
which has created the ruler, and the ruler which has measured the branch; every
tool has ancestry; we are near the beginning, near the clout on the head, the
massacre, the cannibalism, the torture by fire, the death by drowning, the
skinning-alive, the gouging of the eyes, twisting the testicles, desecrating
the womb; we are in the primordial when the sign is read wrong, when the sign
is a sign, when a branch is after all just a branch, when a ruler is a shadow
of the future anterior, when nothing is read but as-if everything is read, as
if everything were readable, as if gods created things, readings, writings,
bodies, slaves, corpses, the raped, the robbed, the wounded, the slaughtered,
the megafaunal extinc- tions, our pride and our joy, our little baby girl or
little baby boy, one flesh is tasted, there's no stopping

http://www.asondheim.org/pulul.jpg