[syndicate] Dead

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu Nov 16 21:04:39 CET 2006

Dead

I woke up this morning covered in blood. I fell down the stairs and a sharp
shard of bone cut into my abdomen. A severe stroke has incapacitated my right
side. Alzheimer's lesions have almost literally cauterized my memory; I hardly
recognize Azure. The odd pulsing in my abdomen stems from a hard lump which
appears to be growing. When I try to stand my legs collapse under me. My stools
are bloody. I've been so dizzy I can hardly walk across the room. I'm
constantly sweating under the bed-clothes. I tried to call Azure but could
hardly speak. I fell on the floor and lost consciousness and died. The whole
bathroom is covered with blood. There are spots in front of my eyes everywhere.
I can't see anymore. Help me up. My arms are tingling. My brain is swelling;
the pain is horrible. My heart is beating so fast it's bursting. I can't
breath. I'm gasping for breath. I'm about to go unconscious. I'm too dizzy to
stand up. My heart's stopped beating. It's permanent. I'm dead. There's an
unbelievable pain in my lower abdomen. My stomach's in knots. I'm falling over.
I'm crawling to the door. I die before I reach the door. There's a white light
but the light fades. The pain is too great. I can't think about anything. I
call Azure's name. I think I called it. I can't remember about anything. I
can't stand up. I can't be here. My chest is torn in two. I can't see anything.
My ears filled with screams. The screams may be mine. I don't want to die. I
really don't want to die. The right side of my body is gone. I'm bleeding from
my mouth. I can't move. I'm dead.