[syndicate] Encore !???

lo-y lo-y at lo-y.domainepublic.net
Wed Mar 8 13:44:08 CET 2006

Dear Aliette,

I'm not able to do anything to your list. I'm just one of the admins of
syndicate and _arc.hive_ . I can do exactly the same things for those two
lists as you can do for nettime-fr-raw.newmorning. The reason i was the one
to hear first about the server change is because i have been corresponding
with the copyleft people about a website i'm making that resides on their
server (a new project for syndicate).

So, if something goes wrong, first keep in mind that indeed bugs do happen
every so often on every server, and yes, sometimes they do 'go away by
themselves' (which probably means one of the copyleft ppl fixed it -
sometimes it's just restarting a service). second, you have a lot of
options in the admin panel for your list, so it's a good idea to go and
check out all of them and addapt them to your needs.
If there appears to be a real, persisting problem, no one on syndicate can
do something about it. you better contact the copyleft ppl (as you managed
to create a list on anart.no, i guess you know their support email addres -
if not contact me offlist)

re: your address being spammed, i don't know what kind of spams you got,
but as soon as you use an addres on public lists, and even more if it can
be found on a website, spammers will find it and put it in their databases
(not targetting you, just randomly targetting every one), and after a while
you might get dozens of spam each day. that's 'normal', all of us suffer
from it.

oh yeah, and please remember that the (presumed) anger one reads in emails
is usually ones own anger rather than that of the writer.

groetjes,

lo_y

(with a _ between lo and y)

--
http://lo-y.domainepublic.net
http://google.com/search?q=lo_y

At 08:01 PM 3/7/2006, you wrote:

>Dear Claudia, the problem that I met was not an impact to syndicate but to
>nettime-fr-raw.newmorning.
>
>Here is my answer but there will be no more one from my part on this subject
>which is collectively boring. Over all it appears that I was true to ask for
>any help from here to the other list, as I discover reading your message
>that Loy is the qualified person to have heard of my demand. I thank him
>very much.

<snip>