On Palestine

Aliette Guibert guibertc at criticalsecret.com
Sun Jan 29 03:57:35 CET 2006

Dear friends,

Sorry of my stupid English spoken (to verify of the sense please trust it
from the francophone version below)

Can be you are rather for Israel or rather for Palestine, or despairing of
their tearing, regarding what occurs now after the elections ( people out of
weapons ready to divide vis-a-vis the local and international pressures, and
in the only reality of a Moslem radicalism mainly active for the ultimate -
or the new - popular hope in the possible Palestinian state as Islamic
republic, that nevertheless would exclude the differences in part of
Palestinian people of the inside more of a Palestinian part of the diaspora
abroad... So immediately, one can only think of Palestine, strongly, and
think of the antecedents carried out until there, predictabely...

Aidar Heid is one of these Palestinians leaving their families to follow
studies abroad and who not having completed the course of his PHD in the
United States passed, in a few months close, the times authorized by Israel
to return at his native place in Palestine.

Radical Marxist Palestinian and in addition known in 2000 for its thesis of
epistemology and esthetics on the post modernity, (very quoted and referred
well on anglophone Internet, at the time), one cannot lend religious
integrism to him.

However it was radically critical of the policy of Fatah to the capacity of
the first State Palestinian, recognized internationally by the agreements of
Oslo, at the end of the first war of the stones...

Militant and in search of support for his family remained in Palestine, he
engaged as professor of philosophy in South Africa, at the university of
Soweto:  there he wrote the text that he sent to me in 2001 to
criticalsecret.com issue 7, "The divided reality" ; he was recommended by a
friend also professor in the same place (author herself to
criticalsecret.com # 3 with commemorative text of the history of Black
release in the times of Africanders..)

In 2002 his brothers were assassinated in the street of Naplouse, and he
lost his father in a bombardment. His mother died of despair. Despaired
himself, and thinking of never being able to return, he carried on his road
to go to teach philosophy in China, where I found his trace through
publications on Internet until 2004.

And for two years I have not seen any more a trace...  If the position of
Michel Warschawski, Israelian support for Palestine being imprisoned cause
his engagement in his own community to the other, but thinking from his part
that division in two States had been an error, that it had been necessary to
find a democratic mode of integration of the two people, perhaps according
to the model of the African Southern democracy, on the other hand, this text
of Aidar Heid differently allots to the agreements of Oslo a historical and
irremediable error which caused the failure of Palestinian autonomy.

In a dialectical comparison of the writings of Gramsci from his Mussolinian
prison in Italy, and of the notebooks of prison of Qatamesh in Palestine, he
works out a precise criticism of the policy of Fatah to the agreements of
Oslo for a Palestinian state under the leadership of Israel -in particular
economic..

I wonder whether I had not already passed this link (in English version)
here... but in any case, it is so relevant in the current situation, that it
seems to me impossible to circumvent to quote it:

    Haidar Eid

Ahmed Qatamesh "Reformulating the alternative; palestinian prisons
notebooks",
review and analysis

http://www.criticalsecret.com/n7/eidoriginal.htm

(I give the link because I cannot copy the text here, being a text/image;
-unroll horizontally from left to right...)

---------------------------

Chers amis,

Que vous soyez plutôt pour Israël que pour la Palestine, ou plutôt pour la
Palestine que pour Israël, ou désespérant de leur déchirement, devant ce qui
se passe maintenant après les élections - un peuple en armes prêt à se
diviser face au pressions locales et internationales, et dans la seule
réalité d'un radicalisme musulman majoritairement combattant pour l'ultime -
ou le nouvel - espoir populaire de l'Etat palestinien possible, dans la
république islamique, ce qui néanmoins exclurait les différences d'une
partie du peuple du dedans et de l'étranger, immédiatement, on ne peut que
penser à la Palestine, fortement, et réfléchir aux antécédents qui ont mené
jusque là, prédictiblement...

Aidar Heid est un de ces Palestiniens partis pour suivre des études à
l'Etranger qui à quelques mois près n'ayant pas achevé le cours de seson PHD
aux Etats-Unis passa les délais autorisés par Israel pour revenir chez lui.

Radical marxiste de la diaspora palestinienne, d'autre part connu en 2000
pour sa thèse d'épistémologie et d'esthétique sur la post modernité, (très
citée et bien référencée sur Internet anglophone, à l'époque), on ne peut
lui prêter d'intégrisme religieux. Pourtant il était radicalement critique
de la politique du Fatah au pouvoir du premier Etat Palestinien, reconnu
internationalement par les accords d'Oslo, au terme de la première guerre
des pierres...

Militant et en quête de soutien à sa famille restée en Palestine, il s'est
engagé comme professeur de philosophie en Afrique du Sud, à l'université de
Soweto : c'est là qu'il a rédigé le texte qu'il m'a envoyé en 2001,
recommandé par une amie également professeur dans le même lieu (elle avait
confié à l'éditorialiste de l'opus 3 de criticalsecret un texte commémoratif
de l'histoire de la libération des Noirs aux pays dirigé par les
Africanders..)

En 2002 ses frères furent assassinés dans la rue, et il perdit son père dans
un bombardement de Naplouse. Désespéré, et pensant jamais ne pouvoir
revenir, il a poursuivi sa route pour aller enseigner la philosophie en
Chine, où j'ai retrouvé sa trace à travers des publications sur Internet
jusqu'en 2004. Et depuis deux ans je ne vois plus de trace...

Si la position de Michel Warschawski, militant Israélien pour la Palestine
qui a payé d'emprisonnement son engagement dans sa propre communauté pour
l'autre, mais pensant que la division en deux Etats avait été une erreur,
qu'il eut fallu trouver un mode démocratique d'intégration des deux peuples,
peut-être selon le modèle de la démocratie Sud Africaine, par contre, ce
texte de Aidar Heid attribue autrement aux accords d'Oslo une erreur
historique et irrémédiable qui causa l'échec de l'autonomie palestinienne.
Dans une comparaison dialectique des écrits de Gramsci depuis sa prison
mussolinienne en Italie, et des carnets de prison de Qatamesh en Palestine,
il élabore une critique précise et patiente de la politique de soumission du
Fatah aux accords d'Oslo pour un Etat Palestinien sous le leadership
notamment économique d'Israel..

Je me demande si je n'avais pas déjà passé ce lien (en version anglaise)
ici... mais de toutes façons, il est tellement pertinent dans la situation
actuelle, qu'il me semble incontournable de le citer :

 Haidar Eid
Ahmed Qatamesh « Reformulating the alternative, palestinian prisons
notebooks »,
review and analysis

http://www.criticalsecret.com/n7/eidoriginal.htm

(je donne le lien car je ne peux sortir le texte pour le copier ici, étant
un texte/ image
à dérouler horizontalement de gauche à droite...)