312 Online Call for Submissions

markp at hellothisisalex.com markp at hellothisisalex.com
Thu Jan 26 07:46:39 CET 2006

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – 312 Online
312 seeks artist videos to exhibit online.  There are no thematic
restrictions, however, no commercial productions or music videos will be
considered.  This is a year-round open call.  We’re flexible.  312
welcomes submissions from emerging and established artists, as well as art
students.

The work should look good at a reduced size of 320 x 256 pixels.   The
work should not rely on small details that could be lost with reduction
(ie. no subtitles that will be illegible at a small size).  Duration: Up
to 5 minutes.  Work is accepted via snail mail or online.  For specifics,
see below.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
SNAIL MAIL:  Send only NTSC miniDV, VHS or DVD.  No PAL, please.  Please
ensure that your DVD+/-R works on a conventional home player.  Please
include an Artist Statement, Brief Bio (50-100 words), CV, Video
Description, and SASE.  Do not send submissions in fibre-filled envelopes.

ONLINE:  Submit through 312’s Contact page
(http://www.markprier.com/312/contact.htm).  Copy and paste your Artist
Statement, Brief Bio (50-100 words), CV, and Video Description from your
word processor into the message box.  Also include web addresses leading
to online videos (no email attachments are possible through our website,
and we don’t want attachments anyway).  Quicktime format only.

DEADLINE: Ongoing, year-round.

We intend to exhibit a new video online every 4-6 weeks.

Artists originally from or currently residing in Atlantic Canada are
greatly encouraged to submit work.

We cannot offer artist fees at this time.

Send to:
Attn: 312
312-14 Beothuck Cres.,
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 6A6

312 is an alternative video exhibition space housed in the small foyer of
an apartment.  Showcasing one channel video work on a television, 312
offers the visitor an intimate experience—a relaxing chair, a set of
headphones (or speakers for two people) and video art.  It’s homey, it’s
small, and it’s for video.  312 Online is our computer desk extension of
our homey space, allowing you to access video art from the comfort of your
home, or work, or wherever you may be…

cheers,
Mark Prier
www.312.ca