long-wire recording experiments with signal processing

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Jan 24 00:26:49 CET 2006

long-wire recording experiments with signal processing

fieldphone8 as newly received transmission

http://www.asondheim.org/lw6.mp3
http://www.asondheim.org/fieldphone8.mp3
http://www.asondheim.org/lw1.mp3
http://www.asondheim.org/lwradio1.mp3

representative samples of relatively small size our enclosed

I wish to point your attention to the musicality of lw6, the
shuddering of fieldphone8, the universal sky-murmur of lw1,
the untuned schizophrenia of lwradio1

U-shaped long-wire antenna, around 100 feet.

note: the aesthetics and philosophical concerns, in relation to body, audio
spectrum, aurality, sexuality, and digital and analog phenomenology,
are clear. an exciting thesis may be created in relation to these concerns but
would this be anything other than an academic exercise in theorizing? I give
you instead the raw material from which stars and theories are formed. you may
do something with the second, not much with the first. in any case it is out of
my hands, and into yours.