1 switzerland and sweden curling on

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu Feb 23 20:03:51 CET 2006

      1	switzerland and sweden curling on
      2	television, i'm thinking about video,
      3	whether context is everything, and /
      4	or whether there's anything at all,
      5	other than context, after all one can
      6	like anything, set up like a curling
      7	shot, i went out yesterday, down the
      8	street, perhaps the day before, i'm
      9	not sure, past willie sutton's house,
     10	made a short video, actually into the
     11	memory stick at not so good
     12	resolution, with 'this PAL' camera
     13	i'm testing, he was the most wanted
     14	by the fbi at one point, bank robber,
     15	famous for something he didn't say,
     16	the house is a wreck what with all
     17	the development and gentrification
     18	going on, the owner wants 1.2 million
     19	for the property and the adjacent
     20	one, the house will have to be torn

     21	down, that's certain, it's been
     22	it's already falling, you can see
     23	through the walls, looks like sweden
     24	is ahead, rooting for switzerland, so
     25	it's the decay of a bank robber's
     26	home, he'll never get the money, i
     27	mean for the property, it's about one
     28	and a half times the footage everyone
     29	else is asking, still unbelievably
     30	expensive, there were toughs living
     31	there a while ago, they wrecked the
     32	place, i think the owner was waiting
     33	for that, now it's boarded up,
     34	falling apart, dangerous to the new
     35	neighborhood, the contiguous houses
     36	are in fine fettle, excellent shape,
     37	you might be able to tell with the
     38	video, i'm not sure, they're coded
     39	for better times, it's a shaky place,
     40	the neighborhood, going up at the
     41	moment in terms of property values,
     42	wait until the next terror and
     43	everyone leaves new york, we'd go, we
     44	we'd go too, you can reach us at
     45	http://www.asondheim.org/sutton.mpg
     46	but we won't guarantee we'll answer,
     47	we've got no electric, toilet,