[syndicate] The Comets of Edward Albee

jeff harrison worksonpaper03 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 00:18:49 CEST 2006

WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?

Comet Hyakutake was spotted by
Yuji Hyakutake (January 30, 1996).
its closest approach was 9.3 million
miles away. it wished to kiss the rust
off of Yuji's nose. but that nose, Comet
Hyakutake, is a scoundrel, outliving 1000s
of fires. crackle, sniff. their warmth was pale!

*

THE DEATH OF BESSIE SMITH

Comet Halley is from one of the cities
that ape the Earth's knowledge.

Gamaliel & Yehoshua were on a boat;
the former had prepared bread for food
the latter had prepared bread & flour for food

when Gamaliel's bread was consumed by him
he relied on Yehoshua's flour. to the question
of Gamaliel, were you aware of a delay
in the journey, that you took much food,
Yehoshua replied, there's a star once a 70 year
that makes the captains of ships err.

said Gamaliel, you possess so much wisdom & still
you're compelled to go on a ship to make your living.

*

THE AMERICAN DREAM

Comet Wild 2 is known as The Six-Year Worm
due to the number of years between sightings.

Comet Wild 2 is to the eye as a cat is to a grape.

Comet Wild 2 is a cruel take on a cat, on a grape;
Comet Wild 2 is a conte cruel to the literary eye.

*

BOX / QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO TSE-TUNG

before 1840 Comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko had an orbit
that kept it far from our Sun (a cow during her milk).

In 1840 Comet C-G neared Jupiter, whose gravity moved
Comet C-G closer to our Sun (a cow during her milk).

a close approach near Jupiter in 1959 moved Comet C-G
even closer to our Sun (a cow during her milk). since

Comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko was distant from our
Sun, a cow during her milk, until recent times, it hasn't

melted a lot: Comet C-G's looks are more anciently, maybe.
what did our Sun (cow, milk) look like when she was young?

*

TINY ALICE

Comet Linear
September 27, 1999