Internet2 and Dance

yukihiko yukihiko at s6.dion.ne.jp
Sat Sep 10 17:13:03 CEST 2005

Dear list,

This would be the first streaming session on dance by the support of
Internet2.

Warmest Regards,
Yukihiko YOSHIDA

Group Motion and Leni-Basso are currently involved in a collaborative
multi-media dance project .This project is funded by the Japan
Foundation , Dance Advance, Philadelphia, Arts Midwest, Ohio, The US
Japan Friendship Commission, Washington, Indiana University of
Pennsylvania and Montgomery County Community College, Pennsylvania,
WIDE Project, Research institute for Digital Media and Content, Keio
University, Yukihiko YOSHIDA

 "Rondo" will premiere here in Pennsylvania in September of this year
and will hopefully be shown in Tokyo in the Fall of 2006 during the
'Dance Selection' Festival where Group Motion also performed in 2003.

During our final production week of "Rondo", September 14-19, we are
planning to have an Internet2 conference in which we will broadcast a
rehearsal of the piece live over the internet and have live discussion
and interactive exchange with a group of interested people in Tokyo.
It will be a wonderful opportunity for performers, critics, and lovers
of dance to be involved in an interactive and intercultural experience
that is taking advantage of advanced internet technology in a new way
as an educational and informational tool.<p>
Starting time 6 am Phila, 6 pm Tokyo<br>

There will be a designated facilitator and a translator ( tbd) on each side.
Date : September 16
Place: Keio University Mita Campus, East Building 6F GSEC Lab
http://www.gsec.keio.ac.jp/">http://www.gsec.keio.ac.jp/
Open 17:30
Start 18:00
End  about 19:30
Duration ca 90 min

Japanese and English webpage:
http://www.dance-streaming.jp/Internet2/index.html

Supportors: the Japan Foundation , Dance Advance, Philadelphia, Arts
Midwest, Ohio, The US Japan Friendship Commission, Washington, Indiana
University of Pennsylvania and Montgomery County Community College,
Pennsylvania, WIDE Project, Research institute for Digital Media and
Content, Keio University, Yukihiko YOSHIDA

translator in Tokyo side: Mikari Suzuki