[syndicate] \\ futurological kongress

meta meta at meta.am
Fri Sep 9 13:50:29 CEST 2005

On Sep 8, 2005, at 12:51 PM, integer at www.god-emil.dk wrote:

> I was at deaf last year - first neo.poser festival I have attended.
> I was looking forward to some of the events + meeting selekt life
> forms.

lovely review, etc.  thank u.

will be taking donations shortly to acquire the necessary funds
to send you to all new media festivals worldwide for more interruptions
& reviews.
would be much more informative & entertaining than the rhizome-l waste.

> the very first question from a girl.

> Fortunately, a middle aged + elegantly dressed Polish 2x

> A big fat and ugly 20 something 2x was serving.

> My friend's impressions of holland rushed back (if that despicable
> mass of lard would serve in .ro ... vai de vai)

> After the espresso, I asked the .nl mademoiselle for a glass of water.

> POP (the balkan fuse that is).

> Anne Nigten from V2, looking very geeky with a backpack and genderless
> garments,

> for 10 EUR or so. We did some romanian like things and didnt pay - my
> ego simply couldn't afford

has anyone ever pointed out to you that you are obsessed with gender,
and slightly less so with nationality?

do you know why?  (honest question.)

> Much as capitalism and communism both injected mass production
> (meaninglessness) into meaningful lifes,
> so these people create monstrosities, torture chambers, all lifed by
> employees.
> Each monstrosity carries a placard with a stream of names, a stream of
> funding bodies.
> Each monstrosity never quite works, and never ages.

> I was looking forward to some of the events + meeting selekt life
> forms.

you have much criticism of this event.
have you ever considered organizing your own? am quite serious.
something small & selective.

i remember 97, 98, 99...
the nyet.art scene was much smaller... vital...
everything was new.  the charge of discovery.  exploration.
the rules were ours to make & destroy  -  plastic.  malleable.

now, things are much more rigid. systematic. institutionalized.
moderated.
much more populated & yet more diffuse. less connection amongst people.

the work -  so much cynical, self-referential crap.
most work thrives on novelty or needless complexity. the meme of the
moment.
what is it now... 'locative' media i believe it's called?
they last a year or 2 & then are gone. deemed no longer interesting.
sooo 5 minutes ago.

there are so many lists. so many posts.
announce this...   announce that...
people hardly communicate. everybody skims, filters,    ... nobody
reads.

rapid technological change is inhibiting the growth of everything
... except technology.

perhaps there is a manifesto of some sort in all of this.