\\

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Fri Sep 9 15:24:12 CEST 2005

>> the very first question from a girl.
>
>> Fortunately, a middle aged + elegantly dressed Polish 2x
>
>> A big fat and ugly 20 something 2x was serving.
>
>> My friend's impressions of holland rushed back (if that despicable
>> mass of lard would serve in .ro ... vai de vai)
>
>> After the espresso, I asked the .nl mademoiselle for a glass of water.
>
>> POP (the balkan fuse that is).
>
>> Anne Nigten from V2, looking very geeky with a backpack and genderless
>> garments,
>
>> for 10 EUR or so. We did some romanian like things and didnt pay - my
>> ego simply couldn't afford
>
>has anyone ever pointed out to you that you are obsessed with gender,
>and slightly less so with nationality?
>
>do you know why?  (honest question.)

i wouldnt call it an obsession. more like pattern recognition
and preferring certain qualities over others ... after 3 weeks anywhere i reset to the
physical + cultural surroundings of that environment. which is why i abs lv .ro
those people look, move, feel, sound like home. after 3 months in .ro entering western
europe = m9ndfukc, the people look deformed

as for 2x - the typical 2x new media artist = mostly genderless (anne nigten was a perfect example)
so the polish personage appeared eccentric considering the place and space because she looked as a woman

and that was one event where the women were talking to themselves and the xys to themselves.
not that that doesnt happen elsewhere ... most xyz cannot tune into the
intuitive 2x wisdom freq and most 2x smile compassionately at the mostly meaningless xy predilections.

>> Much as capitalism and communism both injected mass production
>> (meaninglessness) into meaningful lifes,
>> so these people create monstrosities, torture chambers, all lifed by
>> employees.
>> Each monstrosity carries a placard with a stream of names, a stream of
>> funding bodies.
>> Each monstrosity never quite works, and never ages.
>
>> I was looking forward to some of the events + meeting selekt life
>> forms.

I used to say simply.superior etc but I wasnt certain.
This confirmed it.

>you have much criticism of this event.

amalgam of ants without a nest, without roots, quoting titles, concepts + authors and not
real people, looking for meaning.
but - a meaningful life does not necessarily mean a comfortable life,
nor a life dedicated to work/freedom and other deeply democratic products.

>have you ever considered organizing your own? am quite serious.
>something small & selective.

you are invited to my wedding.

>i remember 97, 98, 99...
>the nyet.art scene was much smaller... vital...
>everything was new.  the charge of discovery.  exploration.
>the rules were ours to make & destroy  -  plastic.  malleable.
>
>now, things are much more rigid. systematic. institutionalized.
>moderated.
>much more populated & yet more diffuse. less connection amongst people.
>
>the work -  so much cynical, self-referential crap.
>most work thrives on novelty or needless complexity. the meme of the
>moment.

exactly ... but there are a few which are timeless
am not suggesting their creators live full lives
i wish they would be more honest and place those comments in their projects
eg. blabla destroyed my health. blabla made my hair fall out. blabla destroyed my marriage.

the stuff one hears privately is amazing.
but nary a word on the projekt page.
which makes it appear very simply.superior + utopian.

>what is it now... 'locative' media i believe it's called?
>they last a year or 2 & then are gone. deemed no longer interesting.
>sooo 5 minutes ago.

day traders

>there are so many lists. so many posts.
>announce this...   announce that...
>people hardly communicate. everybody skims, filters,    ... nobody
>reads.

arbeit macht frei

most people are dedicated to their work (self) and not to each other
and it isnt about the indiv. but the connections between them.

in our new and improved democracy the connections have become a product as well.

>rapid technological change is inhibiting the growth of everything
>... except technology.
>

>perhaps there is a manifesto of some sort in all of this.

da. aber personally i no longer believed in fighting it ...