[syndicate] Trans.: [thingist] ISEA2006 Transvergence call

fmadre at free.fr fmadre at free.fr
Mon Oct 3 15:26:31 CEST 2005

Selon fmadre at free.fr:
> unless you people say nay within the next 10 minutes

too late:

The Syndicate mailing-list challenges all other internet mailing lists to a
bowling tournament. This entertaining competition will take place in a San Jose
bowling alley which will be reserved specially for the exclusive performance of
the mailing list derby. Each mailing list will nominate a team of 4
representatives, each team occupying its own bowling lane, thus giving an
opportunity to visualize a real world rolling and tumbling map of competing
internet channels. Mailing lists involved could be Rhizome, Nettime, Empyre,
Crumb, Syndicate, Spectre, etc.

The anthem for this event is the song by Camper Van Beethoven, "Take the
skinheads Bowling". Excerpt:

Some people say that bowling alleys got big lanes (got big lanes, got big lanes)
Some people say that bowling alleys all look the same (look the same, look the
same)
There's not a line that goes here that rhymes with anything (anything, anything)
I had a dream last night, but I forget what it was (what it was, what it was)
I had a dream last night about you, my friend
I had a dream, I wanted to sleep next to plastic
I had a dream, I wanted to lick your knees
I had a dream, it was about nothing

Chorus
Take the Skinheads Bowling