[syndicate] Baudrillard on riots, on EU referendum, etc.

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sun Nov 20 23:22:28 CET 2005

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Frederic Madre wrote:

> that's not much the point
> hegel was 200 years ago
> marx 150
> if you are proposing somebody more recent, I'm all ears

You're right but Debord seems to have a fashionability that seems
suspect, he also doesn't seem to have quite the carrying power of m or h.
Years ago I knew someone thrown out of the British Sit. and had a sense of
the power which was as rotted to the core as any other.

> I think of Situ. in a
>> way as the
>> dark ages. Godard appears as the dark ages.
>
> I like dark.

I do too but not this dark. Btw it's night here now.

> They're consolidations of
>> power; today power's either elsewhere & hardened or
>> culturally like dust.

godard's maoism, Alphaville, etc. The sense of power / guardedness behind
Debord. There didn't seem to be any dialog; there was Debord. dust =
Buddhist red dust = Heidegger's they = dialog no matter how trivial.

- Alan

> sorry, I do not understand the sentence
>
> f.

( URLs/DVDs/CDroms/books/etc. see http://www.asondheim.org/advert.txt -