Continued Voyage

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Nov 22 19:15:21 CET 2005

Continued Voyage

I have just lost sight of land.
There is no land.
There is no light.

I am going to signal the contents of an important message to you.
I am going to signal to you by flashing.
I shall repeat my signal.
I shall signal by flashing.
I shall signal by steam whistle or siren.
I wish to exercise signals with you.
Will you come within easy signal distance?
The signals are not intended for you.

You are flashing your signal too quickly.
You can signal in your national language. I shall understand you.
Your signal has been seen and understood, I will reply later.
Stop carrying out your intentions and watch for my signals.
You should discontinue repeating back any signals.
You should discontinue repeating your signals.

You should keep a look out for signals during the night.
You should keep a look out for signals from me.
You should keep within visual signal distance.

You should make signal for a pilot.
You should make a signal when you require a boat.
You should pay attention to signals from me.
You should repeat your signal.

You should signal a little faster.
You should signal a little slower.
You should signal by flashing.
You should signal with whistle or siren during fog.
You should signal contents of telegrams addressed to me.
You should signal the names of places to which you wish to be reported.
You should signal your wishes fully.

I am sinking. Send boats to take off passengers and crew.
In a sinking condition.
In imminent danger of sinking.
Vessel has sunk.