on Internet Re: [syndicate] Tr: Rejet de votre message

fmadre at free.fr fmadre at free.fr
Wed Nov 16 13:17:03 CET 2005

Aliette, I do not understand what you are shaking a stick at really, i
don't see
the relationship between avant-gardism and programming (or hacking if
you prefer
to use novlang) let me just tell you that I have been a programmer for
more than
30 years, beginning with assembly code, then basic, COBOL, FORTAN, APL, you
wanna see my LISP diploma ? it's somewhere in a drawer at home, I wrote my
first client-server application in 1992 it was based on Sybase SqlServer and I
ported that application to Oracle, now for my personal amusement I like to
design relational databases and I have programmed several PHP/MySQL
applications, the last one of those I will release next week.

> At first: the transparence of modernity it is the transparence of technics

fuck Modernity, it's just an empty word.

> Are you better than myself able to developpe, to program digitally - to hack
> sources as new progressive dispositives of the technics you pretend to be
> representing among others artists  of this field of universal media?

yes, I am. next time ask a more challenging question, thanks.

> but it is not your cup of tea -you told me.

It does not amuse me so much these days because of those 30 years of
dreaming at
night of constants and variables, of literally seeing code get alive in
my head
with values being computed and transferred from accumulator A to
accumulator A,
getting stuck in a sub-program, in an endless loop or whatnot, so yeah, the
effect kinda wears off but I am fundamentally a programmer.

> So could be you are a fake artist in your own vision of avant-garde. As I
> think you are not fake in your self practice to represent what you use and
> do as message: because my own vision right nowis not exclusive of the way
> but yours.

well, no.

f.