___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 221___

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Mar 18 04:18:38 CET 2005

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____3_18_2005_Fri_vol.221_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 109
ARCO
by Ozaki Tetsuya

(2) NEW CONTENTS: Deutschland in Japan 2005/2006
Selected cultural events related to the "German year"

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Club Aurora @ SDLX
by Andreas

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 45 events
including 10 new ones and selected "German year" events!

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out Of Tokyo

Vol. 109: ARCO
by Ozaki Tetsuya

I interrupted my European travel report once for a piece on the
"Korosu-na Haku" event, and now I'm back to write about my trip
to Spain, where I went after visiting the transmediale in early
February. I went from Berlin to Spain, primarily to attend the
ARCO art fair in Madrid (2/10-14).

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki109.htm

(2)   ! NEW !    Deutschland in Japan 2005/2006    ! NEW !

The twelve months between April 2005 and March 2006 mark the
"German year in Japan", during which a variety of events ranging
from cultural to science- or economy-related are being held.
This newly established, weekly updated page is dedicated to
up-to-date information on events selected by REALTOKYO:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/germany/germany.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Club Aurora @ SDLX

Hearing "Finland" you will instantly think of... well, too many
surreal and strangely fascinating artists and works of film,
art and music to list up here. One place worth mentioning though
is the Sahko label with its unique catalog of music ranging from
minimal techno and noise to the most peculiar forms of jazz.
Appearing in this event to introduce Finnish cutting-edge art
and music is Sahko owner Tommi aka DJ JG, along with Jimi Tenor,
who has been representing Sahko as an artist and producer of the
likes of Pan sonic and others. This time Tenor will play a solo
set, which sounds like a shift back from the cosmic band sound
of his Sun Ra-flavoured last album "Beyond The Stars" to the
lo-fi art of his early hit "Take me baby". This will be
particularly interesting in a set with media art using newly
developed technology, and also the rest of the program promises
unique entertainment.
--Andreas

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,2284

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary
- Tokyo Initiators' Diary

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2005 REALTOKYO