New Reviews and events on Furthernoise

furtherfield info at furtherfield.org
Wed Jun 15 15:59:20 CEST 2005

*New Reviews and events on Furthernoise*

New on Furthernoise this month resident *Mark Mclaren* features the net
label *Conv* looking into the creative commons future and recent
releases from *Kazumichi Grime, Heribert Friedl, Henrik Olsson & Anders
Dahl *as well as passing his earlobe over *Scanner's* new work
commissioned by the *EU, Europa 25.* The review also features an
interview with *Scanner* about the making of the piece and his
experience of working for the EU. We are joined again by *Keyop' s
Andrew Palmer* who waxes lyrical, genuflecting on *Foetus's Jim
Thurwells* recent release *Manorexia* and *Mark Francombe* takes over on
net contributions featuring releases from *Devico* in the US & Santiago
based sound *crafters Chiste*.

*Roland from Poland* twins cities from Bristol & Hanover with his
impressions of Bristol's *Rob Dean* and Hanover experimentalists
*Medusa* and writer & *poet Jerry Jigger opines* on *Icky Whitenail's*
obsessional music poetry in the *Ink Blot Sudarium*. *Alex Young* flags
up *Meri Von KleinSmid's* release *Ex Vivo* from *Mimeograph Recordings*
while new guest reviewer *David del la Haye* takes us through London
City Universities student sonic art compilation *Sonicities*.

New York's prog jazzers *Zs* top the list of new music this month with
their *EP Karate Bump* and we have a fresh new mp3 selection featuring
music and sounds from a host of international artists. We also feature a
streamed mp3 of February's *Visitors Studio's* multi continental net jam
on *Resonance FM featuring Midori Hirano , John Kannenberg & Mark Francombe*

http://www.furthernoise.org

Furthernoise is a SisterSite of
http://www.furtherfield.org