breenga.mp3

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Jun 7 16:56:52 CEST 2005

solo acoustic guitar (slight chorus added)
guitar: unidentified parlor guitar from 1890=1910 (I figure). the action
is somewhat poor, since the guitar was modified somewhere along the line -
the original bridge and tailpiece were replaced with a peg-bridge that
has pulled on the spruce top. although the instrument is difficult to
play, the sound is beautiful.
this is based on a very short pentatonic riff which devolves into parallel
fifths, augmented chords, and a number of major unadulterated chords. no
picks were used.
i'm very happy with this piece, which is one of my best.
- alan
http://www.asondheim.org/breenga.mp3