the NEST of the damp star, brightest of the 12 in VIRGINIA constellation

jeff harrison worksonpaper03 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 00:40:10 CEST 2005

the twelve branches of SHIPWRECK...

wilderness these to me as I wilderness to these twelve branches
(branches as in chapters, for this writing, but in my brain branches
are the branches of some titanic tree) of swift standing bones

a lots has been cremating, of the dozen whose Inferno is fitter..?..
theirs go awakening endings, damp star, aspiring decadent, they go & say
they fake most our ruffians, say most our esfinges are interpretable chunks

damp star wishing the earth's bareness for home, with maybe
a tree left to nest this star safe from the SHIPWRECK eleven

— by my utterance Virginia too, you, sixth branch, damp star