Netbehaviour residency/dicussion with Jason Nelson.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Jun 29 16:18:32 CEST 2005

*Netbehaviour residency/dicussion.*

Jason Nelson has just ended his 3 week residency on the Netbehaviour list.

The discussion has now begun and is chaired by Marc Garrett from
Furtherfield.org, who is interviewing Jason about the work created on
the residency. It is an open discussion/forum, and anyone is invited to
take part. So pop in, view the work and ask some questions...

link to subscribe to netbehaviour:

link to work created by Jason Nelson on the residency:
http://www.secrettechnology.com

Netbehaviour site:
http://www.netbehaviour.org/

Jason Nelson's Residency description:

Exploring interface and interactive creatures with content grabbed,
thrust, stolen, and borrowed  from new media artists, poets and
electronic pioneers. Over these 2-3 weeks, I will create twenty-four
digital extravaganzas, with each one being loosely or closely centered
on the content, ideas, images and words of others. Think of this as ego
stroking and translation, a way to connect to those I have never met and
might not ever meet, and play with ideas of interaction and interface.
Some have offered their content, others will simply be robbed, and all
will be enchanted, confused, annoyed and giddily
stroked.

Bio:
"As a NET ARTIST, I am apparently diying or dead. With that in mind, I
bask in my zombie glow, my rotting wires and my urge to bite through
skulls.  I could list those academic and worldly accolades that have
trophied themselves on my work, but I am only as good as the last
swirling mess I spit out. I live in Australia with a beautiful woman and
miss the snow, so miss the snow."

http://www.heliozoa.com