Netbehaviour Residency No. 3: Jason Nelson/ 24 interfaces for 24 artists.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Jun 3 17:14:24 CEST 2005

*Netbehaviour Residency No. 3*

Artist in Residence:* Jason Nelson.

*Residency Title -* 24 interfaces for 24 artists

Residency description:*

Exploring interface and interactive creatures with content grabbed,
thrust, stolen, and borrowed  from new media artists, poets and
electronic pioneers. Over these 2-3 weeks, I will create twenty-four
digital extravaganzas, with each one being loosely or closely centered
on the content, ideas, images and words of others. Think of this as ego
stroking and translation, a way to connect to those I have never met and
might not ever meet, and play with ideas of interaction and interface.
Some have offered their content, others will simply be robbed, and all
will be enchanted, confused, annoyed and giddily stroked.

*Bio:*
"As a NET ARTIST, I am apparently diying or dead. With that in mind, I
bask in my zombie glow, my rotting wires and my urge to bite through
skulls. I could list those academic and worldly accolades that have
trophied themselves on my work, but I am only as good as the last
swirling mess I spit out. I live in Australia with a beautiful woman and
miss the snow, so miss the snow."

*My worlds:  *
http://www.heliozoa.com
http://www.secrettechnology.com

Date starting:06/02/2005 8:14 AM
Date ending: 06/30/2005 8:13 PM

------------------------------------>

*Netbehaviour info:*

An open email list community for sharing ideas, posting events &
opportunities in the area of networked distributed creativity. Also
facilitating collaborations between artists, academics, soft groups,
writers, code geeks, curators, independent thinkers, relationalists,
activists, networkers, net mutualists, new media types, new media
performers, net sufis, non nationalists. It has run in a number of
formats since 2003.

Residencies last for 2-3 weeks.
Maximum size of image per post- 35k
Maximum number of posts - every six hours
Minimum nuber of posts - one a day

Any member on the list can suggest a potential resident artist.

The list members vote for a resident - it only takes 7 yes votes...
but if there are 8 votes against, the residency does not happen for
that individual/group.

The above will change and adapt according to suggestions by
NetBehaviourists - active list members:-)

http://www.netbehaviour.org/residencies.html
join the list: