Nine: The Album

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Fri Jul 22 08:07:38 CEST 2005

Nine: The Album

Please download! Go to:

http://www.asondheim.org/nine/

There are nine guitarworks here, a full lp album's worth.
These were recorded absolutely flat in a silent recording studio, one
microphone, no equalization or effects.

The guitar is the old unlabeled Larson (?) parlor guitar, from around
1910. It's tuned to D, more or less.

I'm happy with these pieces - all mp3s - they represent my stumbling or
stuttering in relation to the scales/soundwork/chords I'm using. The labor
comes through, which is important to me. (It represents literally 40 years
of work.)

The pieces were recorded first take, within an hour and a half.

-