ixi software/MNAC

Anna Balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Thu Jul 21 14:28:33 CEST 2005

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:20:44 +0200
From: "Cosmin Tapu" <cosmin.tapu at mnac.ro>

ixi software
enrike hurtado and thor magnusson
22 July - 20 September / opening Friday 22 July 7 pm / second floor
curator: Florin Tudor

"ixi software is an experimental project concerned with building
prototypes for musical instruments. We are interested in the computer
as a workshop for building non-conventional tools for musicians, i.e. not
trying to imitate or copy the tools that we know from the real world of
instruments and studio technology. We currently work with open
source software and try to build interesting graphical front-ends to
software such as Pure Data or Supercollider, but our aim is also to
distribute our applications such that everybody can use them, making
them simple and intuitive to use.

So download the programs, test them out, use them, distribute them,
crack them and do whatever you want except sell them."

www.ixi-software.net

apps: virus, slicer, lauki, spindrum.

/ixi software/ since 2002 lectures and workshops at the academy of
fine arts in vienna, at the pompeu fabra university in barcelona, the
faculty of art and design of hull; the department of electroacustic music
at the university of huddersfield, at ica in london, at the mit-medialab in
dublin, the media lab uiah helsinki and at arteleku center in san
sebastian.

ixi software

MNAC Bucharest

Entrance from Calea 13 Septembrie