VLF acoustic and notes

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu Jul 14 19:18:56 CEST 2005

VLF acoustic

==

at the moment I'm typing and feeding this into a motion detector which is
reproducing the words at an unholy rate; you can hear the result if you
dare, listening to the mp3 that will eventually come out of this. In the
meantime I'm watching the result on a screen, simultaneously typing and
recording the strange mechanisms that are underway....

now for a moment will say something at quite great volume - ok now back
into it, see what happens on the recording, goodbye.

http://www.asondheim.org/compu.mp3
http://www.asondheim.org/compu2.mp3

frequency raised into audible domain
the motion detector is acoustically coupled to a metal table coupled to a
cement floor. the room has a number of resonances. objects on the table
include the laptop, a large (linux) desktop and small flat-screen monitor.
the desktop contributes; the other objects are too small and loosely
coupled at best.

"Recently I've been at a loss in relation to my work. My projects are just
that, projects; they could stop now or go on forever. I want to work on a
'summing up.' No one knows how much time they have, and my work seems so
utterly disparate. I'm in a permanent state of being distraught. What I've
done up until now is nothing but spew."

_