Carlo Pittore (May 14, 1943-July 17, 2005)

Anna Balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Tue Jul 19 16:00:53 CEST 2005

(sad news from March Bloch - if there is artists I liked maximally and
unconditionally, that was Carlo Pittore)

Friends,

I am sorry to announce that Carlo Pittore passed away yesterday, July
17, 2005 at 3:05 pm. I am told he succumbed peacefully, attended by
loving friends, in his beloved state of Maine on Sunday afternoon to the
esophageal cancer that he was diagnosed with last year. Carlo, always
the fighter, far outlived the time that doctors had predicted he would
have on the planet. He was determined to live life to its fullest as long
as he could, and this he certainly did.

He was such a passionate artist. I wrote this
[http://www.panmodern.com/carlopittore.html] last year when I heard
about his illness. We then had a tribute for him in October at the
Bowery Poetry Club in New York to which some of you sent messages. I
forwarded them to him. He enjoyed watching the video and reading
and hearing about the messages from his many friends. I now welcome
other tributes to Carlo as well as suggestions about how we might
remember him with art.  Send your suggestions and thoughts and
wishes. I will forward along any information that I get as it comes in-
back to you and also to his friends and family in Maine and New York
who will determine what will happen next.

Celebrate Carlo with passion and joy and enthusiasm. I am sure that is
what he would have liked.

Mark Bloch