of the book what we once were where now is hair

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Mon Jan 31 03:02:03 CET 2005

of the book what we once were where now is hair
http://www.asondheim.org/peopleofthebook.jpg
of the book what we once were where now are shoes
  Deutsche Welle broadcast this evening, schoolchildren
hair, shoes, glasses, books, eyes
eyes, hair, shoes, glasses, books
  but I don't want this, I want the things in the room
  I want the programs, of the book we will be
  daily the book changes, it is a book of days, of hours
  first and last book of seconds, microseconds
the clumsy icons really make nothing
pixel riding, to them it's all one and the same
to us, too, reading between the lines, between zero and one
  nothing's there

_