"the lyric poem

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sat Jan 29 17:39:49 CET 2005

"the lyric poem

"If Auschwitz hadn't happened, if September were another,
"I'd say that you were mine, I'd say we'd stay together,
"In any darkness, weather; if Beirut were filled with flowers,
"Jerusalem a town, I'd say we'd live forever, I'd say we'd be together;
"If Afghanistan were peaceful, if America were other,
"I'd say we're made for one another, I'd say eternity;
"If Rwanda never happened, Sudan were prosperous,
"I'd say we'd love forever, I'd say a god was there, so glorious in us;
"If Israel were milk, and Palestine of honey, and China were so sweet,
"We'd lie together there, I'd say you were the rose,
"All among the fairest; if one voice hadn't happened,
"Another took its place, I'd say your name forever,
"And we would live forever; if September were another,
"A day of bright fall weather, if Auschwitz hadn't happened,
"In any darkness, weather, I'd say that we were peaceful,
"I'd say eternity, if animals still roamed free, if there were animals,
"I'd say a god was there, so glorious in us, all among the fairest;
"If one voice hadn't happened, another took its place."

the lesser vehicle

plasma and fury/ always on the horizon/ universal auschwitz/ triumph
and insistent on the lyric after auschwitz, collaboration
and over from auschwitz
and insistent on the lyric after auschwitz, collaboration
and plasma and fury/ always on the horizon/ universal auschwitz/ triumph
and nervous zoom. will you slip away
and insistent on the lyric after auschwitz, collaboration
and eleven years or so after auschwitz and he's penning
auschwitz later almost by the span of a man or woman,
and insistent on the lyric after auschwitz, collaboration
and the little town called Auschwitz

The Greater Vehicle

If Auschwitz hadn't happened, if September were another,
A day of bright fall weather, if Auschwitz hadn't happened,
This is not enough. We will show Auschwitz. We will not show Auschwitz,
us, our disappearance, the ash of Auschwitz-Baghdad, A-B, the Phoenician
    After Auschwitz and
    Auschwitz.. true and
    lyric poetry after Auschwitz was itself
    poetry after Auschwitz and barbaric ...

    Auschwitz is barbaric true
    that to write lyric poetry after Auschwitz
    and poetry after Auschwitz and true
    and after Auschwitz, and, similarly, there can be
    no lyric poetry after Auschwitz...

    write lyric poetry after Auschwitz is
    write lyric poetry after Auschwitz is
    no lyric poetry after Auschwitz at ./looply.pl line 32 $ looply.pl "no
    poetry after Auschwitz" /usr/local/bin/ksh: looply.pl: not found $
    that writing poetry after Auschwitz is
    No poetry after Auschwitz. 1

    before and after Auschwitz were separated ...
    Auschwitz, no theology: From the chimneys of the
    poetry before and after Auschwitz were
    after Auschwitz, In other words, has the -

    What could that mean?
    m 10 1 false no poetry after Auschwitz at ./looply.pl line 32 $ exit
    Our Auschwitz
    before and after Auschwitz were separated ...

the Index

lt:little town called Auschwitz!
mj:If Auschwitz hadn't happened, if September were another,
mj:A day of bright fall weather, if Auschwitz hadn't happened,
ms:This is not enough. We will show Auschwitz. We will not show Auschwitz;
ms:Auschwitz is a call to war. We will show nuclear explosions and napalm.
ms:Auschwitz. enough. Auschwitz; Auschwitz a call nuclear explosions napalm.
mx:us, our disappearance, the ash of Auschwitz-Baghdad, A-B, the Phoenician
nd:   After Auschwitz
nd:   Auschwitz.. true
nd:   lyric poetry after Auschwitz was itself
nd:   poetry after Auschwitz is barbaric ...
nd:   Auschwitz is barbaric true
nd:   that to write lyric poetry after Auschwitz
nd:   Auschwitz. true
nd:   after Auschwitz, and, similarly, there can be
nd:   no lyric poetry after Auschwitz.
nd:   write lyric poetry after Auschwitz is
nd:   write lyric poetry after Auschwitz is
nd:   no lyric poetry after Auschwitz at ./looply.pl line 32 $ looply.pl "no
nd:   poetry after Auschwitz" /usr/local/bin/ksh: looply.pl: not found $
nd:   that writing poetry after Auschwitz is
nd:   No poetry after Auschwitz. 1
nd:   before and after Auschwitz were separated ...
nd:   Auschwitz, no theology: From the chimneys of the
nd:   poetry before and after Auschwitz were
nd:   After Auschwitz. canadian danger. true
nd:   No poetry after Auschwitz.
nd:   Auschwitz. true
nd:   after Auschwitz, In other words, has the
nd:   after Auschwitz. > What could that mean?
nd:   m 10 1 false no poetry after Auschwitz at ./looply.pl line 32 $ exit
nd:   Our Auschwitz
nd:   before and after Auschwitz were separated ...
       2	nd:   write lyric poetry after Auschwitz is
nd:   write lyric poetry after Auschwitz is

The decomposition

Organs the decomposition of the body
RWANDA EAST TIMOR AUSCHWITZ

_