new work... or rather, a small sketch

Pall Thayer pall at fa.is
Wed Jan 19 01:47:36 CET 2005

http://pallit.lhi.is/~palli/fictionalSpace/

Lately I've been toying around with the idea of using *precision,
digital locative* media to create fictional space. I've found that
bluetooth mapping is better for this than GPS because bluetooth is just
one dimensional so to map out a two dimensional space there has to be
some *creative intervention*, if you will. This mapping was done by
logging bluetooth proximity readings for approximately one hour. The
first half hour is used for the x axis and the second half hour is used
for the y axis. It's running at 4 times the real speed so you don't have
to actually stare at it for half an hour to see the whole thing.

Pall Thayer

--
Pall Thayer

Lorna