Those Made From Mud Have Sublimes Of Heart

jeff harrison worksonpaper03 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 00:27:13 CET 2005

captives, Virginia, insisted the orator
you retrieved to bind charm to the dawn,
take turns being the ocean's face -- we captives
surfaced quickly and there's hardly water this time

paddling around the bookshelves,
we were never the anchors,
only telescopes to shape the stars
and found skies frequent speech more
than speech frequents skies

your shores, Virginia, we wear -
our waters, once boundless as the hum of bees,
tho, Virginia, you've sealed dark, dark
here, where there's no sun, are all lyrics punished
and all looks are dedicated to beasts - O heavy,
heavy weighs their splendor, their petals are
ENIGMA when in full bloom, but as the days fly over
the moon, these beasts wither in character,
honeyed solid at last