[syndicate] genesis genesis redux revisited

Barbara Lattanzi threads at wildernesspuppets.net
Sat Feb 12 14:45:10 CET 2005

Hi Alan.

this is brilliant (or at least something I feel that I can completely latch
onto).

I just tried it with a short text.

the perl is straightforward enough, but also an object of contemplation in
its own right.  Since I want to read the genesis text for which it was
written, I am left to generate it on my own which must be a feat of
durational cinema (or durational net radio if you could have it read aloud
by a bot as each word was added).  And maybe running it on a slow computer
would be something different from running it on a fast one ( e.g., 6
seconds versus 6 days???)

...The perl code provocatively introduces the question of temporality into
that open-sourced "vocalization into matter"..

Barbara

Barbara Lattanzi
www.wildernesspuppets.net