The Clock-Cleared Echoes / The Clock-Cleared Echoes Marked My Alike

jeff harrison worksonpaper03 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 00:49:30 CET 2005

-- I WISH SENSE IN LOSS, and wish that
sense in mountains, frost, poised moonlight
above ornamented shivering of thunder
between those mountains... dim me, though
I see the vermin at my toes are hard at work
syllabling bright the scales of sirens singing
at Pluto's ships.. lyres, rough, pressed they cruel
though sometimes coy & polished near to grated
then again all animals are fanciful before my glass,
when wearing my air... oh how billows...
oh, the thunder's ornament? -- we drained
its sparkles for our charms (censure
that back to childish hours; Oh! how
billows your gleams, memory! standing
atop that hill not long ago, I had the chance
to exclaim, of the sun shining on my barrel,
"on my musket's throat day does languish"
before finding myself here to -- not com-
plete it, but to say "I wish sense in loss" &
look over my shoulder for the ball, the report,
the thunder's ornament... the thunder's ornament?
we drained its sparkles for our charms