Murderous Dancesphere for Foofwa'd'I'm'mobilized Company

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu Dec 29 12:55:54 CET 2005

Murderous Dancesphere for Foofwa'd'I'm'mobilized Company

Project: An enormous translucent plasticine sphere 300m in diameter will be
erected upon certain neighborhoods in Geneva. Here, dancers will perform
without the benefits of occasional inclement weather. In the style of Niki de
Saint Paul, dancers will perform within the fabricated and static bodies of
dancer-avatars ranging in height from 40m to 400m, constructed of similar
material; these bodies are partially encased and partially external to the
Dancesphere itself. Due to the rigors of the weather, this sphere and
accompanying avatar structures are designed to remain on site indefinitely. The
result is a natural, perfect, and perfectly natural, space for the permanent
housing of the FdImC.

Date: This project will be fully in place at the time of the 2006 vernal
equinox, 3m/20d/18hr/26min.

Occasion and occasional: The project commemorates, not the impresario FdIm, but
the Companions of the Company themselves, who have repeatedly requested a
politically murderous space for their performances. In addition, we hope, with
good reason, for the fallout of precipitation from the recumbent surfaces of
the plasticine architectonics; new patterns of weather will result, outlined in
faint traces of polluting residue on the concrete and asphalt surfaces of
certain historic sections of the city.

Please note the simulated blood and other effluvia 'coursing' through the
artificial veins (in actuality, supporting tubules) of the structures.

Addendum: Dancers' injuries are quickly absorbed, not only through self-
absorption, but also by the Dancesphere and avatars themselves, which
organically respond.

http://www.asondheim.org/ds01.jpg
http://www.asondheim.org/ds02.jpg
http://www.asondheim.org/ds04.jpg