[syndicate] \\

Yasir Husain husain at cyber.net.pk
Sat Dec 17 12:01:37 CET 2005

 integer

> One morning he wept in his garden, crying to god to send
> him someone who might comprehend his full beauty.
> That day, he painted a new canvas, a portrait of an unknown and
> stunningly beautiful woman. When he had finished, he cried to god
> to give her sentience, as this most wondrous painting could be the
> only being in the world who might understand him. To his
> amazement, the
> woman in the painting began to move.

Dehr juz jalwa-e-yaktaai-e-mashooq nahin,
hum kahan hotay agar husn na hota khud-been?

                                                 - ghalib

the world, isnt just a spectacle of the oneness of the beloved
where would we be, if beauty was not gazing-at-itself

spectacle: creation, display
oneness: uniqueness
beloved: god

beauty looks at itself. selflove. narcisism. vanity
beauty or the beautiful requires gazing at oneself

god requires someone to look at him/er, thats where ghalib and we come in,
to give the required appreciation   ;)